Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Updates on Projects!


For those of you who follow what goes on here on Papertoy Bonanza, I thought I would fill you in on my project progress...


1.) Extremely near completion on "Action Figure Doctor's Office." It's the same model as the Dookie Poo model, with artwork and a few other additions that are more suitable for figures the size of a GI Joe, Star Wars character, or Mutant Ninja. Dookie Poo was fun, but not everyone--myself included, owns a Dookie Poo.


2.) "R What U Eat Sparky" is essentially finished, but I need to put together the final model, and like the Office in #1 above, I need to take pictures to show everyone what the model looks like.


3.) I'm going to ask Nice Bunny (of Nice Bunny and HedKase fame) if I can put up a custom I did for him some time ago, named "Cafeteria Trey." I've already got pictures of this one, and if he's okay with it, I'll make that one accessable.


4.) Blank Sparkys. Right now I have standardized the measurements on each of Sparky's parts, so they can be mixed and matched as desired. They are templates for You to play around with, and provide artwork for, if you are the artistic type (and I'm assuming if you are reading this, you are). It's a 4 page document, page one is his head, and multiple variations on arm shapes. Page 2 is multiple different slants on the "Stem" of Sparky--the torso, with straight and slanted ends. Page 3 and 4 are different "Base" or "leg" slants on Sparky, so that between the Stem and Base, you can come up with some very interesting postures. If you have a basic vector art program, you can cut and paste the shapes into your own Sparky template, but the current four page project will let you glue the shapes together, instead of having a continuous Stem and Base, as I usually do. Should be fun!


5.) There are early stage customs on multiple figures that I've begun, but have been distracted from. Once I put up #1 through #4, I plan on going back to those ones I've already started.
6.) On a side note, I now have a Wacom Bamboo pen tablet, which has been a ton of fun getting to play around with. I have some digital art projects happening on the side, which are a real treat for me...I will eventually show some of the artwork here, but that's a different story altogether.


Thanks for your interest!

No comments: